Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lunch c/o Caribou

On Friday my parents and I met up with my aunt and her cousin, and her cousin's husband and his son, at the Caribou Cafe for lunch. We started with a sparkly rose beverage.
Then we shared the country pate and some ordered escargots.
I had the fish soup, which was properly fishy but somehow not as good as the fish soup I had in a small town French restaurant a million years ago. For my main course I had the lamb and tagliatelle pasta. It was good, not great. Something about this restaurant made me want to go back. A good sign. I know that these all have a red cast on them, and I'm working to resolve this issue. Not that you care. Maybe you care. Whatever.
For dessert I ordered the profiteroles. The pastry wasn't quite light and delicate enough for my taste.
It was nice to see my aunt, and she gave me a jade necklace and ring that belonged to her great aunt/my great great aunt (whose name is the same as mine no less). The necklace is particularly pretty, and I thank her for thinking of me and making the effort of handing these family pieces on. The aunt in question sounds quite adventurous, having gone to China in a time when the U.S wasn't terribly indebted to the country, and when women weren't traveling all over the place. Pictures of said jewelry, I'm sure, will happen. Just not tonight.

No comments: