Sunday, December 06, 2009

Twilight Imperium Delirium

On a Saturday in the past, A2 and two of his friends came over to introduce me to Twilight Imperium, a board game of seriously epic proportions.
They also brought plenty of snacks and beer, as the expectation was that the game would take a very long time.
I was blue. I forget what my alien 'race' was but we were good at pirating things maybe? There are a lot of things to think and know about this game and though I played for 8 hours, I was never sure that I really understood what I was doing, or why I was doing it. I did, however, build quite a fleet...well, not compared to others, but, you know, substantial for me? What?
I contributed a wedge of goat brie and rosemary triscuits. Tasty.
So much going on.
I think this was taken during the final few rounds, which is when more battles were fought. I fought some battles, sure I did.
I would like to play this game again at some point, as I think I'd be a little less confused. I hope. I never entirely grasped the number of ships I could have on any given planet, but it never seemed like I broke the laws, so that's a positive.

2 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

holy cats, that looks like quite the intensive gaming experience. looks like there should have been tents for camping out, too. you're such a devoted gamer.

i would have stuck around for the cheese and then i'd do some suicide-move to off myself in the game so i could take a nap.

cc said...

you know, one of the players did effectively walk away from the board and take about a ten minute nap because there are so many intricacies to the game. :)