Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Spread c/o Fat T.'s Parents

The spread was quite extensive. From wonderfully stinky cheese to so many different dessert lovelies.
Mmmmm. L. and I took the plastic wrap off all of these plates.
The party itself was a success I think. I stood with L. for a while, but she kept having to tell people the same few stories over and over again (when they're getting married, what she's doing in her professional life etc) so I found myself making conversation with a few strangers, and that seemed to go well. I was also immensely tired so that, when the party wound up around 1 and Fat T. and L. planned on meeting up with some friends in Huntington I found myself unable to imagine going to a bar and effectively communicating with anyone without falling asleep. I don't usually find myself so tired, as I usually just go to sleep when sleepy. This led to, when I finally did put my head to the pillow, a really marvelous release of sleepy dreams. Maybe I should not sleep enough all the time, just so when I finally do go to sleep it will be absolutely delightful. Maybe not.

No comments: