Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fish Tacos c/o Lucky 7

Without meaning to, I have managed to go a record amount of time without grocery shopping. It's been so long, I can't even remember the last time my feet wandered the aisles of Shop Rite or Whole Foods. This lack of proper providing for myself led to a lot of dining out over the past two weeks. Last week, for example, I met up with A.S. to try out Lucky 7's fare, as it is generally in the 'hood, and I'm always looking for a new option for dining/drinking that doesn't necessitate a walk into Center City. I ordered a Heiffeweissen. It was very tall and cloudy, just like I like my men. That made no sense.
I wanted to try their truffle fries, so I ordered them. They had a lovely aroma, and if they hadn't been billed as truffled they would have been entirely acceptable in eating form, but they didn't quite have that fabled truffle taste when chewed. What?
For my main meal I ordered the fish tacos. They were pretty good. I liked the mayo sauce and the tomatoes weren't as anemic as some you come across at this time of year.
A.S. ordered nachos. They looked pretty great, and the top layer was to her liking...but, as with many nachos throughout time, once you got past that top layer there wasn't a lot going on.
End thoughts? Perfectly nice place. Food wasn't really exciting (I didn't go for the burger that included a pork roll and scrapple, that could have been exciting...well heart stopping in any event) but the atmosphere was fine.

No comments: