Saturday, December 19, 2009

Burger c/o Black Horse Pub

On Saturday I went to a barren wasteland of strip clubs and car dealerships to 'winterize' my car. I had hoped to get there early enough to avoid a neverending wait, but I didn't, so I spent four hours of my life in a Honda dealership's waiting area, trying to ignore the Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider (is that the right one?) movies that played consecutively on the television. In an effort to dismiss the movies I made some phone calls, one of which was to L. We had a good conversation, which ended with her suggestion that I come up to New York that very day. This was the opposite of what I was planning to do with my day (grocery shopping, printer preparing, baked ziti etc) but I was feeling the need for a change of scenery and friendly faces, so after my car was finally ready, I drove home and packed myself a bag and then got on the road to Brooklyn. I hadn't had a proper meal that day and by the time I got to South Slope I was mighty hungry, so L. took me to their new favorite place, the Blackhorse Pub. While bangers and mash and Welsh rarebit tempted me, I found that I was really just looking for a burger, so a burger I did order, with cheese.
It was exactly what I needed with a little cheddar cheese to make it even more pleasing to my tongue's tastebuds.

2 comments:

J said...

You were in the slope!?

cc said...

i was. for a hot split second. then off to L.I. we went.