Monday, December 07, 2009

Dinner c/o Tria

My parents came into town a little before Thanksgiving, on their second night I walked on over to their hotel and then we walked just a bit further to Tria's second location for dinner. I ordered a glass of the Vernaccia Di San Gimignano, or I think that's what it was...it wasn't all that exciting in the end. Mom tried a glass of Cotes de Gasgogne, which was far more interesting.
We shared a truffled egg toast and the cured spanish pork tenderloin.
I enjoyed the smoked salmon and caper salad.
Dad ordered the figs and prosciutto. Mom had the salad of grilled asparagus, artichoke and white beans with a tomato-onion relish and pine nuts. We ordered sandwiches as well. I went with the mushroom, dad tried the tuna and mom, I think, tried the smoked salmon. The sandwiches weren't quite as exciting as I had hoped.
I ordered a glass of the Rosenblum Cellars Zinfandel, which had a really nice overall taste to it. Came on a little strong, but mellowed after a bit.
As you can see, I continue to be on a steep learning curve for making the camera do what I want. That said, none of these photographs would be in existence with the other camera. Or, rather, they could have existed but in a far darker and muddier fashion. Slow going. Thanks to ma and pa for the lovely meal!

1 comment:

ElBochO said...

Buenisimo el Blog! Soy cocinero, me gustó mucho tu idea de diario gourmet! Great phoos! sorry about my english! check my blog, just photos, no food, hehe