Thursday, December 10, 2009

Beers c/o Jack's Firehouse

Last Saturday I found myself at home feeling like I should be out. So, as any member of the new generation (I don't know what I mean by this), I went onto Facebook to kill time by seeing what other people were doing all over the country/world. I was surprised to find that one such Facebook friend was going to a musical event totally in my neighborhood. So, I commented upon this fact to B. and he responded and so I ended up meeting up with him and a bunch of his friends. B. and I hadn't seen each other in about ten years. I believe our last meeting was in Wales, when I was 19 and about to embark on my first, and only, European 'tour.' While we certainly didn't stay in touch, I remember B. fondly and the opportunity to catch up with him seemed like it would be far more fun than awkward, which, on the whole, it was. When I arrived I ordered a Troeg's Mad Elf and B.'s friend gave it bunny ears.
I switched to a lower alcohol content heifeweissen-y beer later on.
This photograph invokes the phrase 'double chin brigade' to me, but I mean no offense to B. (but take offense myself).
The music of the night, and the whole reason that B. and his friends were in my area was the Trailer Park Trio. I don't know how I feel about the name, but the music and dancing atmosphere it created was solid.


This dude danced with multiple ladies.

It was nice to see B. after a million years.
I also enjoyed the company of his friends K. and D.

And E.
Shots may have compromised the night a bit, but at least the new camera made it look a little prettier. Question: if you have been a relatively routine reader of the blog, have you any thoughts about the images as of late (it's okay if you haven't, I'm just wondering).
The bartender was good people too.
I look okay here. B. looks not so great. It's true. And even I look a fair bit of droopy-lidded McGee. Sigh.
An unexpected actual happening as a result of Facebook status updates.

3 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

i've absolutely noticed crisper shots with better, more saturated color. more depth, too.

i'm quite happy that i get to see the details of your low-light foodie situations now.

yay, new camera!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the low light pictures are better, and the close-ups really better, but still, as you point out, something about the whites (in the dim sum pix).
mc

nc catherine said...

I am a regular reader and a total photo philistine. Maybe a little crisper, but I am always in awe of the fact that you can shoot anything in a restaurant and have it be even marginally recognizable! I like the pix but if I am honest, I mostly like the commentary...word oriented sort that I am!