Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunday Cousinly Dinner

On Sunday my parents and I drove down the mountain (I don't care that it's technically a plateau...you have to drive up something to get on the plateau and I say that it's a mountain) into the valley to have dinner at our cousin's. It was the beginning of a colder, rainier couple of days and throughout our time there it went from drizzle to hard rain. Boo. But before that I got to take a couple of photographs with the twilight.

Abby the dog in the green.
The cousin smokes a mean salmon.
His wife makes a tasty salad. There was cheese too...and cracked pepper Triscuits (I had never tried this variety though I am particularly fond of the garlic and herb Triscuit). And asparagus.

And fresh strawberries! Lightly sugared and drizzled with cacao. All fresh and good food and a fair amount of wine to boot.
Thank you kindly for a wonderful evening and meal.

No comments: