Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pot Luck

Over the weekend my parents' friends had a pot luck. We attended. I was, as I often am, the only person under thirty. Good crowd though. Margaritas were served and food was plentiful. This grapefruit and avocado dish was refreshing.
This potato casserole type thing was very nice and creamy.
There was an inordinate number of rice dishes. I didn't try all of them but they all looked very nice and, I'm sure, tasted great.




My mother made quite a nice potato salad. The secret is not overwhelming the whole thing with mayonnaise, a little red wine vinegar and onions. I liked it very much and was glad that we got to take home a little of it for a later lunch snack.

There was also spaghetti and sauce. It was the kind of spaghetti I prefer: thick. Angel hair and thin spaghetti, well, they're not exactly as satisfying to me.
Then there was lady. Lady can perk her ears up in just such a way as to resemble, strongly, a worried ewok.

No comments: