Sunday, April 06, 2008

Stew is Gooood

So, basically, it went like this: I didn't want to stay in Bloomington with no reason. So, when the one job I applied to that led to an interview still didn't lead to employment, well, it seemed right to leave. And left I did, all the way to Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was an alright drive, drizzly a fair amount of the time but not too rainy overall. Here is a photograph of me coming into Lake NickaJack. A Lake I've never had first hand experience with...but I hope one day to camp and fish etc. Notice the low hanging clouds.
I rented a car to get from Bloomington to Tennessee. National was the brand. Frankly, well, National sucks. Don't use them unless you really, really have to. My parents and I met at the Chattanooga Airport. After that debacle (and it was) we went on to the Boathouse. I had their El Scorcho Stew ( all I could think of was the Weezer song). I should have had the oyster po' boy like both of my parents. The place wasn't bad but I'd suggest you go simple when you order.
It is spring in Tennesee. Not at all like Indiana. You just wait for the daffodil photographs, you just wait.

2 comments:

J said...

It looks pretty good though.

I am going to order two kinds of "caviar" rolls tonight in your honor.

I'm thinking black tobiko and salmon roe.

cc said...

Mmmmm, ikura. All those little individual red nuggets of briny goodness...pop! Pop! Pop!

As you might know I have a particular fancy/obsession of wasabi tobikko. Spicy pop, pop, pop!