Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sad? Have A Little Cheerwine!

After lunch we went to Costco to pick up a few things. I must say that the samples they had weren't even worth trying (crustless frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, way over processed chicken wings etc). On our way out I found that I had a thirst that needed quenching so I put a dollar into one of Costco's 75 cent soda machines with the expectation of getting a Fanta. But the machine ate my dollar and I was, as they all hope and expect me to be, too lazy to contact a manager. There was a brief pitstop at Home Depot that I spent in the car, talking to M. about my impending Philly relocation and her future use of my sofa...in exchange for a little help with heavy lifting (the amount of dread I have about figuring out the details of going to Chicago and emptying the storage unit and the cost of renting a Uhaul and the enlisting of people to help me move said storage unit belongings into a yet to be determined abode is great...I will probably end up never doing it...simply sleeping on an air mattress and using Rubbermaid containers as tables and chairs).

I requested that we stop somewhere very quickly before heading home so I could buy myself a beverage. We stopped at a gas station where I purchased a Cherry Coke for my mother and a Cheerwine for myself. Cheerwine, as far as I can tell, can only be found in the south. My first run-in with it was a few years back in Greensboro. It's a less fizzy more intensely red Cherry Coke like product. And my bottle told me I could be the lucky winner of a Hootie and the Blowfish concert. Really? Hootie and the Blowfish? I had a moment where I thought the bottle was 12 years old but upon looking at the details, well, it wasn't. Ugh.

No comments: