Monday, April 28, 2008

Dinner Party

On Saturday my parents hosted a get together in honor of one of their friends' birthday. I helped but marginally. I put together mozzarella, tomato and basil bites and sauteed a load of onions and garlic for my mother's main dish. My mother made sour dough bread and another friend made some kind of chicken casserole.

The chicken casserole maker also made the most lovely chocolate cake...and apple bread pudding with lemon sauce.
There was a really great 4-5 year old helper who willingly waited to eat his own sweets until after he put whipped cream on everyone else's cake and then brought plates to people. This is a very cool little dude. He was born at roughly the same time I graduated from college so that, when I came down to Tennessee for a graduation party it was paired with his christening celebration. Since then I've gotten to babysit every once and a while. I'm telling you, really great kid.
You know what else was great? All the homemade dessert!

1 comment:

Susan Kirby-Smith said...

oh yeah. hungry.