Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Friend of a Friend of My Parents

Jamyang Norbu is a friend of a friend of my parents. Maybe even a casual friend? I don't know what exactly makes a friend these days? He seems to be a bit of a big deal in the Tibetan Community, a little bit of a radical. Every time I've ever been at a function that he is also present at we usually smoke cigarettes together and not really discuss Tibet. Nonetheless he is one of a few Tibetans (one of whom is in San Francisco right this very moment) my family knows personally and so all that's currently going on with the torch seems a bit more real.
I thought I'd link to Norbu's blog for any one interested in reading an actual Tibetan's take on the matter--as opposed to a Chinese official's or a white NBC correspondent.

No comments: