Friday, April 11, 2008

Cheese, Olives, Nuts, Lasagna and Salad

Two days back a family friend came over for drinks, snackies and dinner...and dessert. We started with some Edam, Roquefort and Camembert cheeses.
Also offered very tasty, plump and flavorful olives.
My mother has a knack for setting a table and making a bed that I, unless I get knocked on the head and become a different person, will never manage.
My mother made a vegetable lasagna with a side of lettuce with some dressing that the three adult-adults loved. Russian? Thousand Island? One of those. I simply don't get it, I think it's gross.
The lasagna was not gross, it was good. I had it for lunch yesterday and today.
And dessert was a Key Lime pie. Mmmm. Then our guest shared a story he once heard. It went something like this: Oh I can't even write it down, nevermind. It involved delicious pies and dentures...but not how you might expect. Shiver.
This afternoon we had a tornado warning. Nothing of note happened around here but in nearby areas there were huge hail stones, destroyed houses and the like. I took a nap after all the tornado hullabaloo and I had a dream that I won't bother sharing with you since it obviously was about my fear that if I was in trouble or upset nobody would come looking for me. Okay I'll say this for the dream: there was a dinner party at my house and a wide variety of people I know in real life were there and a few strangers. One of the strangers (who had very hairy arms and a hairy back too) decided it would be a good idea to shoot fireworks in our main living room (the ceilings, in real life, are high but not that high), I thought this was a very bad idea. But they paid no attention to me and shot off a good number of them, each louder, more firier and scarier than the one before...I ran away in fear after one took me up into the fucking air and whiz banged me around. Terrifying. Nobody thought that this should be traumatic or worth running away from but it was. Yeah, I know. Anxieties!

No comments: