Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Drive Down Into The Valley...With Extended Visit in the Belly of Hell

My mother and I drove down into the valley a few days back to go to Walmart (thus the belly of hell reference in the title). Mom needed prescriptions filled and photographs printed which gave us way too much time in Walmart. We wandered around, I got hungry and ate a Subway sandwich then we left. These are all shots taken on the way back.
I do like the country, I surely do. Especially when it's warm, which it was.

These red bud trees (though pink, they are named red...or this is what I'm told) are every where and so very pretty. This is the first time I've been in Tennessee in the spring...as far as I can remember and I'm enjoying the pinks and yellows and budding greens of the season.

These photographs were taken outside of Cowan. Or on the fringes of Cowan? It's a small, small town so one minute there's a house or two and then the next fields. Loving it.
Driving up the mountain the pinks are great especially when growing out of rocks or on dangerous precipices.

No comments: