Monday, April 21, 2008

Avocado Lunch

On Friday afternoon I made myself a lunch snack kind of thing. When the parents and I went to Huntsville we made a stop at Costco and while there I recalled the lovely goodness of lobster dip from my time in Greensboro. I put it into our shopping cart. Then, on Friday, I stuffed a small amount of the dip (which, I must admit, isn't quite as good as my memory suggested) into half and avocado then cut the other half into slices and then squeezed lime juice over the whole thing. It was pretty good in its simplicity. I ate it outside while reading a book...which reminds me to remind you, humble blog reader, that I have been reading books and what not. A good number of them, actually. I just haven't been doing any round-ups. I should. Maybe I will. Not this second though, no.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that lobser dip doesn't look like the Costco dip of yore. The avocado looks delish tho.

Bless us with your reading list, I am in a lull, don't want to finish my final 20 page paper, don't want to cost out this laptop over that plus a webcam plus a router, grad school in my dotage is racking up the extraneous costs, need to figure out the reading list for the summer class that starts in a month, OW, and the child is off to Charleston SC for a three day field trip, which leaves me some kind of time to while away my time reading. I am in the early stages of the Memory Keeper's Daughter, which seems good but doesn't lend itself to late night paying-half-attention reading. Trash is good for that!

So bring on the trash and the high quality reads!

Now I want to go to Costco and get dip I cannot calorically or fat grammily afford!