Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lovely Turn of Events

This morning I got on the road and started heading north. My ultimate destination is Philadelphia but it's a 12 hour drive and after my last time driving too long by myself (re: car crash) it seemed wise to break up the trip. I chose Staunton, Virginia as my a little more than halfway mark. About an hour east of Staunton I have a friend. She and I went to high school together. In fact, we were roommates. I haven't seen her in, hmm, three years. I couldn't quite bring myself to drive an extra hour to stay the night with her and her family but I did hope we could meet up somewhere half way between her house and my hotel room. In the end we met much closer to me than her place...but she knew the restaurant and so there you go. We met at T-Bone Jack's Steakhouse. I had the country chicken. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. I some how pictured the elements of the dish more mixed together. The chicken was moist the gravy well seasoned. Nothing too extraordinary but since I did not stop at any fast food place for lunch during my 7 1/2 hour drive I was hungry and wiped my plate clean.
This is pretty much not a good photograph of any of these peeps...but it's the only one I took...The bigger of the little 'uns I have met once before...when he was less than a year old. The littler I have never met. Sweet kids. Happy to have me give them peanuts and talk about shoes. It was nice to see J. most of all.
Thanks for coming all the way to see me on a school night!

No comments: