Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Subway

Yesterday my father suggested we go out to lunch. My mother tearfully declared she wanted to go to Crust, knowing full well that it was closed on Monday. My father and I patiently gave my mother a number of other options: Mexican, good ol' southern, Papa Ron's pizza, Chinese buffet etc etc. And after each suggestion my mother whimpered. Utterly inconsolable, she raged against our meek attempts at giving her solace. Piqued, she declared 'Let's just go to Subway, what does it even matter?' before throwing herself on our chaise longue and weeping.
I got a foot long BMT (I don't know what BMT stands for however since the B definitely doesn't stand for bacon), half with mayo and mustard and half with chipotle dressing. It was belly filling. At the tail end of my sandwich eating I stopped eating it as a sandwich and picked at its insides, remembering why I didn't, in the past, get Subway meat (lack of actual taste primarily).

1 comment:

J said...

That sandwich looks much better there than I'm sure it tasted.

As a Philadelphian, I hate how little meat they out on their sandwiches. It's all so calculated and evil.

No match for a hoagie.