Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hair and a Hair Color

After a lot of talk about it, I finally asked C. to give me a little bit of a hair cut. I considered bangs, shaggy always in my eyes bangs, but decided that it was probably not a good idea in practice...only in theory. So, instead, just an all around trim. Casper seemed to like the paper towels more than the hair cut but, well, he's a dog.
And I'm an idiot.
I was waiting on a job prospect in Bloomington until yesterday. Yesterday it became known that I was not hired. So I'm going to move forward with the poll results. With a pit stop in Tennessee. This sudden decision making, action taking step made me feel it was necessary to spruce up my hair color (it's been two + months). CVS is a dangerous place to go when you feel like sprucing. I got my hair color, a new lipstick and a new (blue!) eyeliner. I am the painted whore of the twenty first century.
Moon face. Why does that ring some sort of bell in my head?

8 comments:

J said...

I believe that is how one Toby has be known to describe himself.

cc said...

Nope. That's not where it's from for me, I don't think.

Anonymous said...

Hmm no moon face connections for me, and you ain't got no moon face!

I am liking the lip color. I am in search of the of-course-they-no-longer-make-it sparkly dark pinkish color from last summer. I have used the tube to a nub. Have gone thru three different sorta but not really colors, one is close but too purpley and not enough sparkly.

Sheesh. I am thinking about different eyeliner too, maybe olive to go with the peepers.

I say the move will be good, whatever occurs! That is what I say yep.

cc said...

I think someone in college tried to make it a nickname for me...or something...I just remember not liking it at all. Though in that particular picture, well, I can see it.

The lip color, well, I was actually looking for something a bit darker/more 'dramatic' but thank you, I like it too-even if it seems awfully similar to the color my lips already are.

Yes moving will be good. I still have moments of pure confusion but the blog readers have spoken and moving to Chicago would be a step back and moving to Atlanta would be absolutely unfamiliar.

Unknown said...

cappy's just ok at helping with haircuts. we're going to miss you and your (not moon) face!! and it's back to regular ol' millet and grog for teddy and me...

Rebecca said...

preeeetty. now i demand shots of caroline's new hair and soft face.

so are you going to philly? today i just had the thought that if we don't move to london, the only two places i'd want to live in america are l.a. and philly. i'm excited about it.

Rebecca said...

also have you seen this?
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/wri/626335628.html

they specifically state that renaissance faire afficionados are welcome. un

cc said...

Going to Philly? Yeah, pretty sure yes.

I always knew that one day my lack of interest in all things renaissance would come back and haunt me...shit.