Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bucks County Country, Part II

After the tubing we dropped by a gallery where Mr. Ass had a few paintings up (I have tried to remember the gallery's name, but cannot) so that he could varnish them. This was, I think, my first experience watching a painting be varnished. Pretty simple, I guess, but kind of crazy. I mean, why doesn't any of that paint get moved around when something liquidy is brushed on it?

After that we returned to Mr. Ass's house, where we picked basil from the garden (he picked most of it because I got too busy taking photographs).



The corn really was as high as an elephant's eye.
We then turned the basil into pesto.
And then I took a photograph that really is almost exactly the same as the one I took last summer.
While I really just wanted to sit on Mr. Ass's back porch forever, I realized that I had to get home before all the parking spaces were taken, so, reluctantly, I left.

No comments: