Monday, August 24, 2009

Wine c/o WineO

Last week A.S. and I went to WineO. J., the Bard grad I met at the Dollar Store Reading, emailed me to let me know that a friend of his, and others, were reading at the establishment, and I thought that would be a properly literary thing for me to do. We sat at the bar for a littl while and had a nice enough Pinot Grigio.
I photoshopped the hell out of this photograph.
The reading itself was, well, I'm thankful that J. contacted me because I do want to get out there and get a little more connected to people writing things I like...but this was really just not it. It was also more of a members-only event, specifically designed (as far as I could determine) for the Temple MFA program. Every one has their own vision. Every one has the right to write whatever they like. I guess I just felt, rather strongly actually, that the three different readers we heard were still working on perfecting their voices and stories in rather major ways (which is not to say that I am not still perfecting my voice and story nor that there comes a moment when that impulse should be extinguished). Sigh. I had other thoughts or feelings, but I realize that they were all negative. Also, the bartenderess was a bit off-putting.

No comments: