Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sausage, Corn and Eggplant Tastiness

J. came to town last week. Or the week before? Her mission was to help her mother de-clutter her life. This came as a result of J.'s having a dream about doing such a task, and the wonderful feeling she had when she awoke. After having spent a few days in her home, I was happy to attempt to return the hospitality by having her over for dinner, even if it was a little bit of a haphazard affair. Mr. Ass also came by. The meal consisted of corn, Whole Foods sausages and the eggplant and tomato dish that J. brought (mmmmm, fresh tomatoes, mmmmm).
J. also brought a dessert. It was a pie. A pie whose crust was made of brownie and whose filling was chocolate pudding and whose top with cool whip with smaller brownie chunks. It was delicious. I have started plotting my own version of this dish...maybe using dark chocolate chunks in the brownie batter, maybe making a richer chocolate custard with maybe a hint of hazelnut, adding a little cinnamon and sugar to the whipped cream. So decadent even in my brain that I wonder whether it would be really, really good or just overwhelming.
J. left the remaining pie with me when she left, which was a glorious mistake. Pie for dinner! It was great to see J. and Mr. Ass and that's my story.

No comments: