Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken Fingers c/o North Bowl

This past Sunday's league bowling was late but, in the end, whirlwind. The woman who ran the league had her last day about two weeks ago and since then there have been some issues. The main issue being that the lanes we bowl on are still being used when we're supposed to start, thus we have to wait half an hour or more...which just isn't right. Though, to be fair, another one of the teams (Chix 'n Stix...they're really good, they can spin the ball and get strike like nobody's business) pointed this out to the management and they bought us each one beer while we waited. One of the teams seems to have ceased showing up, which isn't really that much of a loss--they were annoying. Anyways, we were supposed to play this no-longer-showing-up-team, which meant that we didn't have to wait for the other team to switch lanes, which meant that we could just bowl non-stop. We played three games in an hour instead of the usual 2-3. I ordered chicken fingers and they were slightly better than everything else I've ordered from the North Bowl kitchen.
Ak and I really hit our strides in this round of games. My first game score was 134, which made me happy. But look at the off-the-hook score of 152 that Ak got. Count them. Count the four strikes! I won't lie that I was pretty happy with the four spares I got in a row in this round as well.
I have found that if I extend the ball back a little sooner and then do my funny little skip step hop thing I have a better chance of the ball going where I want it to. All three scores, above 100...I have improved.

No comments: