Thursday, August 06, 2009

Company Team Event Dinner c/o Dos Segundos

Last week my office-mates, a number of off-site coworkers and boss-men had dinner at Dos Segundos as a team event. We sat in the back at one long table. Earlier in the afternoon it had rained, so the patio was closed. From my indoor perspective it looked like a pretty outside spot? We started with the chips and salsa, I stuck mainly to the green salsa because it was right in front of me and had a satisfying taste, sweet not too hot. Green. Photoshopped.
The margarita consumption, or possible consumption, was out of control. At one point our side of the table had finally gotten down to one pitcher (none of which we ordered, they would just appear) when one of our boss-men came and transferred the majority of one of their pitcher's contents into our pitcher. They varied in goodness, they were sometimes very sweet.
I ordered the fruit gazpacho in order to try something new. A mixture of grapes, shredded coconut, cantaloupe and apples in a one part o.j. broth (and maybe other juices) and some really sneaky pepper. It was a sweet soup but it had a slow heat that came on without a fuss but could build itself up. I ate half. All the ingredients combined, though light and freshing, were a little rich for me.
Oh Photoshop, sometimes I do like playing with your features. Look, everyone is lit up all neon like.
The last time I dined at Dos Segundos I ordered and thoroughly enjoyed the goat tacos. I recommended them to others but when it came my turn to order I went with one of the specials, the barbequed salmon tacos. This, unfortunately, was not the best decision I could have made. It just, I don't know, didn't really work. The flavor of the fish wasn't all that enticing and that had an impact. I did try C.'s steak and it was de-licious. And another C. ordered the goat tacos and really enjoyed them. Sigh.
Even though the tacos weren't my favorite I'm not going to hate on them too much. It was still a really lovely meal, and it was nice to see all my work people in a slightly less worky atmosphere. I thank my two boss-men, who are also the founders of the company, very much for the meal, and for the job I actually like doing.

No comments: