Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cheese, Tomato and Meat Plate

The Sunday after the barbeque I had all sorts of half-cocked plans...mainly that, since I was taking Monday off, I would drive to the Delaware shore, camp in a state park and swim in the ocean all day. The major flaw with this set of plans was that reserving a beachside (or near beachside) campsite in the summer time is not something one does at the last minute. And, it seems, hotel rooms in that same area were going for $150 to $200 a night, just too rich for my blood. This fundamental setback to the beach/camp/swim plan, coupled with the EX-treme heat of Sunday, led me to not do much that day...other than agonize over how little I was doing.
I did, however, eat a bit. If you can believe it. Slices of tomato, thinly sliced honey ham, hard salam, relatively fresh mozzarella and the end bit of truffle cheese I found on sale at Whole Foods. While I was seriously disappointed with myself and my lack of getting out of the city, this was a nice snack.

No comments: