Saturday, August 01, 2009

Dreams and L.'s Cousin's Wedding

Earlier this week L. called me. She and Fat T. had recently returned from their European journey and L. wanted to tell me about the spread that was served at her cousin's wedding in Brittany. She said that she kept thinking to herself how much I would kill her if I saw the bounty in front of her.
She was right. Minus any actual murder. Look at the crates upon crates upon crates of oysters! And the tomatoes! And the cheeeeese. Oysters and an oyster shucker definitely belong at weddings.

L. said that people looked at her funny because she kept eating the oysters. I wish I had been there, because then they would have been looking at the two of us and our amazing capacity for downing a dozen or two of oysters like they were water. Magic water. Wait, oysters are magic!

L. made it seem like the reason she took these photographs was solely so I could see and drool over them. Mission accomplished L., mission accomplished.
Crates! L. also told me that, while they were in Paris, Fat T. proposed! Now that, too, is some serious magic. I've known them both for, goodness, ten-ish years, and I am just so happy that they're making it official! Here's hoping for oysters at their reception (but if there aren't any it won't matter b/c it's not about the stuff, man, it's about the love).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, were the oysters on ice or steamed? Having had some room temperature oysters in Paris this summer, I'm just curious.

cc said...

i don't know the answer to that question

Anonymous said...

They were neither... just yummy and bountiful. Glad you enjoyed the pics taken just for you C!

J said...

That is so insane. So insanely amazingly insane. If I weren't currently drinking tea at this moment I'd be salivating.

I have to find a way to go to a wedding in Brittany, or become very, very rich.

Maybe just a little rich.

Wow.