Monday, August 17, 2009

New Roommate Barbeque

Today marks the second full week that my new roommate, S., has been in Philadelphia. We are, thus far, living very well together. In fact we had a barbeque on Saturday that was quite successful. I made my artichoke dip and the spicy chipotle/cilantro hummus that I've become quite proud of.
S. is big on grilling, so I left all the meat choices to him (though I did contribute some pork tenderloin). He fired up the resident porch grill and his faithful grill so he could cook meat and non-meat items simultaneously.
He stuffed the pork with granny smith apples and I think the chicken thight had mango going on.
Mmmm. Pork with Granny Smith Apples and a little sea salt.

Steaaaaaaaaak.
He-J., she-J, S. and N. came to the barbeque, which made me happy because I wasn't sure that they'd make it. S. did a little weight lifting and change grabbing in my room.
Then he got wasted. That is a joke. No children got wasted at our barbeque, no matter what the photographs appear to show.
Then I got all taking-pictures-of-kids-happy.

N. liked the water on his head at first, but quickly changed his mind when he realized his shirt was going to remain wet.
F. and S. photo opportunity.
One of S.'s friends brought cupcakes, they were great.
As S. and N. can attest.



F. did some magic tricks with coins and pens.
I asked for a photograph of J. and myself because I don't think I have any photographic evidence of our ever being in the same place at the same time since I moved to Philly, except for all the pictures I take of her kids, which is not quite the same.


It was a great afternoon and evening. Wonderful food, good company, and a night that, for me at least, ended at a reasonable hour.

No comments: