Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tokyo Marina, Adieu

The day after Christmas, for lunch, the 'rents and I went to Tokyo Marina. I had the tempura udon and a Miami roll. It was (I can hardly believe I'm going to say this) too much tempura for me. Not a bad situation, especially when you have willing eaters nearby to pick up the slack.
What exactly is udon soup broth made of? It's not miso. Is it beef broth? Interesting question that--if I was an actual food writer--I could look into and find some super interesting story about cow slavery in Bengal and then publish in the Atlantic Monthly. Unfortunately, as it stands now, I'm not so much a food or anyother kind writer. So the question stands.
The Miami Maki was fried and had cream cheese. I think it was one last nod to House of Sushi and Noodles.

No comments: