Monday, December 24, 2007

Gnocchi and Guacamole c/o Pizza Capri

On Thursday one of the owners of the company I worked for up until yesterday took my department out to lunch at Pizza Capri. There were 8 of us. It wasn't bad. The food or the strange workish conversations. Actually, we talked about Key West and The Bahamas (my cubicle mate was also leaving for warmer climes just two days before me) and art and education and politics. If only that was the job. Regardless, we shared the guacamole appetizer which was pretty good. There was also a never ending supply of bread and herbed olive oil. I had the Gnocchi alla Vodka. I was tempted to get spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna but thought I would branch out. The sauce was creamy but not overly spectacular and I wonder if I even like gnocchi. I should, potato pasta: what could you possibly not like? But, when it came to whether I wanted to bring the leftovers with me, I realized that I did not.

2 comments:

J said...

That's too bad, gnochi is really good. But it's pretty easy to mess up. I think it's too dense at a lot of restaurants. also, guacomole is really good, in case you were wondering.

cc said...

I will readily believe that the density factor was in full not good proportions-ness at this place and will, perhaps, give gnocchi another try at some point in my life. Maybe not with the alla vodka part either.

And thanks for the guac clarification.