Monday, December 31, 2007

It's Official

It's official: I will never be the kind of girl who uses a styling dryer brush to get her hair to curl under, it just takes way toooo long.

I'm in Tennessee now, the land of lack of wireless internet. So no pictures until the university's library reopens. There are still a few meals to get up and a few rants to get out...but right now I'm listening to the local news dealing with my less than perfect hair. Not that it matters, the hair, since the New Years Eve game plan is going to my parents' friends' house at 7 and leaving at 9. I believe the median age (which is lowered due to two kids under twelve) will probably be about 60. Yeah. I guess I could consider it a test run for Key West where, according to Craigslist personal ads (shut up), the average man looking for a woman is 49, way too tan and wears orange shorts.

Happy New Years Eve people. Try to forget that our world is slowly falling apart and drink some champagne and kiss someone pretty or handsome if you can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey at least you don't have three different hair types on your head. all needing DIFFERENT things and tools and stuff. Straight over here curly under there twelve cowlicks. Yeah I am a mess. And sorry, from my demographic, 49 is ok but orange shorts, not. Sunscreen however is a terrific invention! Buy lots, use it all the time even if the ook factor is high. Clear zinc oxide (whoa what a weird concept) is GREAT.

Have a fabulous first day of 2008. My job start date got pushed back til Monday...a good thing I think since Wednesday was looking too damn close, but I am hoping this is not a bad sign...reason for the pushback: IT guy on vacation for two weeks, no office, boss man on travel W, Th and Friday and sort of wants to be there when I make my entree...Crazy!

Oh well go be young and beautiful and contemplate us old farts who are still up and running! Happy 2008!!!

jesse said...

I plan to read this blog regularly for the New Year. I will also eat more fried food.

Set goals you can keep.

cc said...

NC: well yes, 49 for you would be perfectly acceptable. but, well, yeah not so much for me. and don't you worry i plan to stay as pale as a jane austen heroine.

jesse: i am all for new and consistent readers. i will return the favor by adding you to my bloglines list. also, more fried food is always a good idea...especially if they're vegetables or oysters or bread or a sock or a computer and maybe, for very special occasions, a kitten or puppy (as long as they're filled with cheese).

Anonymous said...

Ah well...glad to spoil your New Year's Eve. LOL. Living without water is even worse that no wireless internet.