Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Pie and Pumpkin

Yesterday I went to Kopi Cafe to have a quick hello/goodbye with one of my fave professors from grad school. I got there about four minutes early and she came a little late. This gave me plenty of time to consider the couple sitting at the table in front of me, specifically the dude facing me. I am 89% sure that it was James Iha. The age was about right. As was the face and hair. In fact he looked a lot like this:
Only without the funny outfit, hat and eye make up. We'll never know for sure but I'm adding him to my very short list of run ins with famous people.

1. I shook Connie Morella's hand when I was in elementary school.
2. I was mere inches away from Tom Hanks when he spoke at Vassar's 2005 graduation.
3. Uma Thurman and Lewis Black.
4. George Clinton too, he said hi to me.

That's it.

The conversation was good as was the Mexican Latte and cherry pie we shared. Really good pie, actually.

No comments: