Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dinner c/o Silver Seafood

Well, I saw the episode of Check, Please! where Silver Seafood was reviewed favorably and it was the cherry on a top of my desire to check this restaurant out...so after seeing Juno with the 'rents, we had dinner at the restaurant. It was not as great as I expected. We all had the house soup (looked bland and not interesting but was, in fact, not bad). We shared the fried oysters, the sizzling seafood and egg rolls. Egg rolls: I continue not to understand why people would ever order you in the first place. The oysters were good in that fried way and the sizzling seafood was perfectly adequate.
I'm willing believe that it was the choices we made that made this meal not as amazing as I expected. Other tables had shrimp and crabs and such that looked good...though many plates weren't emptied of their goodies.
Well, I probably won't have another chance to try the place out so all three of you Chicago readers should go in my stead and tell me about it.
Be warned: the staff is not so good with the English. Which I am not saying in a bad or judgmental way...it's just that if you have a question, and you ask it, well, even if they answer it you won't really know what they're saying. That's a terrible saying to say isn't it? Shit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be 5 of us .... Oh well...Adieu and I am pleased to say I had 20 plus wine snobs decend on furama with some of the best wine for an afternoon fete I should have mentioned to you... Cheerio....

Wine Guy

Lindsay said...

Caroline!! I will miss thee. I hope to get down to Key West to bother you at some point. Also I will ask my mom if she can watch Zul.

cc said...

You should get down. You should ask your mom. Does she live in Tennessee? Ask your dad too...they must have friends if they can't do it. Ah hoping against hope.

I took your Veronica Mars. Email me your address and how much it cost so you get get a fresh set from me.