Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Deluxe Diner's Turkey Club

Yesterday it snowed and it was my day off. A wonderful, never to be underestimated, pairing. I can't say it was a very productive day. And I know very well that I have a lot of logistics and planning to do. Lounging and knitting. Talking about Tennessee with, geez all these people without blog monikers, I think Tonguethrust calls him lh. Then some time with No Longer Wayward. We watched some television and sandwiches delivered from Deluxe Diner. I had the turkey club. We were surprised that it wasn't deli style turkey....which so soon after Thanksgiving was what I was actually hoping for...but the turkey itself was reasonably moist and there wasn't any surprise piece of fatty skin. The bacon was good and crunchy. Could have done with a bit more mayo and the option of mustard. They had some other thing on their menu that I'd like to try before I leave Chicago...it involved chili and other things in a tortilla wrap.

Wayward had the same sandwich with waffle fries. The waffle fries didn't live up to the challenge of delivery. I ordered jalapeno poppers and they did a bit better, I think-but I didn't try any of the fries so I can't be sure.

No comments: