Friday, December 28, 2007

Heat Lamp Central

The night of McCormick & Schmicks my parents went downtown before me and saw Charlie Wilson's War--which I understand is an enjoyable film but I have very little interest in seeing on the big screen--while I did some clearing up of the apartment. It was cold, cold, cold so when I got myself put together to meet up with the 'rents it was a bundling not to be trifled with. What? So the above photograph is of me underneath the heat lamps of the el. After dinner, as we walked to Michigan Avenue to catch a cab back north, we came across another well lit heated oasis and I took a photograph of my parents looking rather silly.

3 comments:

jesse said...

really they give you heat lamps at the el...what's the incentive to ever go anywhere?

cc said...

Well, they're not very good at keeping you warm...if it's 10 degrees without the heat lamp it's probably 13 or 15 degrees with. So i'd still rather get to work or school or home than stand in the elements.

But they give great light for photographs. I'll give them that.

Lindsay said...

What cheekbones your mama has!