Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Work Cheese

The wonderful thing about getting a lot of cheese in the mail is obvious (except to vegans and lactose intolerants) but there is a down side....mainly that one needs to then eat all that cheese in a timely, calm fashion. We made a dent at Thanksgiving but it's been a bit slow going since then. So, I thought it might be nice to bring a little tip of the cheese-berg into work...and boy was I right. I suddenly went from being largely unknown and dull to being called a 'renaissance woman'. The cranberry roule is not all that tasty in my estimation. It's a little too sweet. Nice and creamy, I'll give it that, but just a little overwhelming. If they had kept the cranberry sweetness to the cranberries and let the cheese have a little more saltiness they would have been in better cc-cheese-lovin'-business. The other cheese, a Manchego aged for three months, was much, much, much more to my liking....especially when wrapped with a slice of the herbed salami I also received/brought in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Given the vagaries of office life, it is a good thing you were nicknamed Renaissance Woman instead of Stinky Cheesehead Woman.

The big Q for the cheeselovers of America is: will you still get cheese deliveries in Florida, and where will you store them on your (ahem) sailboat?

I confess, I am jealous of the cheese deliveries, I am jealous of the boat, I am jealous of oh hell lots of stuff, including the snow (it is sorta nearly Christmas afterall)!

I am thinking cranberries could be too much in a cheese...