Thursday, October 27, 2011

Speck Wrapped Chicken with Sage, Ricotta and Polenta

Last Thursday or so LW and I went to McCrossen's (imagine) and had dinner. Since the place got a rather favorable review, it's been a bit busier no matter what day of the week or time. This is a good thing for the establishment though sad for those of us who got accustomed to sitting in certain spots. Heh. We can deal. I struggled to choose between a sandwich or one of the specials. In the end I went with the speck-wrapped chicken with sage and ricotta and polenta. I assumed the ricotta would have been in the polenta, but it was actually stuffed in the chicken in a nice way. As opposed to a mean way. The whole thing was delightful; the polenta rich and creamy, the chicken still moist and the sauce/gravy....mmmm. Sauce gravy. This was a good portion for the money and I took half of it home and had it for lunch a few days later.

No comments: