Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Boo, My Boots

For the last month or so I've been getting really serious about my desire for new boots. In the past my boot search has generally focused on boots that can repel snow and water and whatnot, but this time my search was a little different. I wanted a pair of leather cowboy-ish boots. This took me on a terrifying journey across internet borders and South Street Philadelphia. But after a long search and then some serious dilly dallying I finally made the order via Zappo's and two days later...Voila! Right to the office door. That was last Thursday, and I've pretty much been wearing them everywhere ever since. I even went to the courthouse last Friday (about a mile walk one way) and back with nary a foot complaint. I'm telling you. I love these boots. I told L. yesterday that whenever I walk into a room where I have left my boots, I find myself smiling and at least once have actually said hello to them. It's like a new relationship, only without all that emotional pressure. Or something.
Ariat. I flirted with the Frye brand but while I had moments where spending $300 on a pair of boots that would probably last a good long time seemed reasonable, I kept feeling like I'm more of a $200 boot person (these were $169.90 or something like that). So instead of the one pair of Fryes I had my eye on, I went with these Ariat boots. My first pair of proper riding boots a million years ago were Ariats. They were a pretty new brand back then. So comfortable. LW says I still 'have' an ankle, which is good, I guess. I foresee this being the winter of tights. Lots and lots of tights. Though I do need to do a little research. Like, should I be spraying the boots with some sort of protecting sealant or something?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an idea. I think you should buy new boots.

nc catherine said...

Oh man I have serious footwear envy! I had a pair of red cowboy boots and they were insanely comfy.

Google the care and feeding of them.

Now I want to go to the horse people shop out of town and get some new boots. I saw some Fryes and thought, wow here they are again! They were the cool boot when I was in college one hundred years ago! Congrats!