Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oysters, Steamers and Burger c/o Sansom Street Oyster House

The Saturday following my evening with the J.s was marked by a slow brain start, work, and the arrival of L. on the scene. I had been moaning about the chaos of my bedroom long enough that on L.'s agenda was trying to at least make some sort of order out of something. I suggested my jewelry. So L. did a bang up job fighting against my own lethargy and non-interest to make something better. It worked. Then we went to Sansom Oyster House for dinner. I started with oysters, but I'm totally blanking on the two different varieties I went with - though I'm pretty sure they were both of the west coast variety.
Then we shared a bucket of steamers, which I enjoyed heartily and that L. seemed quite fond of as well.
The original idea had been to take L. to Village Whiskey and blow her mind with their burger, but unfortunately we simply didn't have it in us to wait an hour...so L.'s mind remains intact...for now. That said, the idea of the burger didn't end just because we were in an establishment better known for its seafood. The burger came with fried oyster, blue cheese and caramelized onions and was not bad. The burger itself wasn't all that interesting, and the fired oyster was a little less succulent than I might have expected, but the portion of cheese was right and the onions were a nice touch.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

Steamers! Oh goodness I have serious inland dweller seafood envy. I could not find any steamers in my Baltimore adventures this summer, isn't that sad? The burger looks good from here....