Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perfection c/o Hunan Sczehuan

I think I've finally found my go-to dish from my go-to place. I've struggled with this, as far as Chinese food is concerned. I generally like some sort of tofu and... dish in some garlicky/brown sauce, but there's always something off with the tofu. Not fried, too dry, sparse, etc. But on this particular day I ordered the string bean and tofu in garlic sauce dish and I loved it. Loved it I tell you. Is it really fancy and sustainably made? No and probably not. Did it have texture and flavor and satiate my very soul? Indeed it did. Was this the day after darts and was I in desperate need of hearty, filling food? Yes I was. Does this lessen anything I've said above? I'll leave that one to the historians...who will clearly slobber over this blog as an anthroplogical marvel of what it once meant to be a 24-etc year old white woman in the United States in the early 2000s. Is my self-importance overblown. Well, I'll be the judge of that.
The dragon couldn't help but jump right into the dish, it was so clearly delicious.

No comments: