Thursday, October 20, 2011

Darts c/o McCrossen's II

In the third week of the dart team's existence, we had another home game. Because this is a sport that takes place in a bar, I ordered myself a number of Kolsch-style beers throughout the evening.
LW was tricked out with a box full of dart paraphernalia, which lent her a certain 'drug dealer' look throughout the evening as guys on the team would give her cash in exchange for flights and shafts and whatever. I bet some of the actual names of flights would sound like drugs too. Too bad I'm not going to research any further into that line of thought.
Wings were served. I played in one game and was as inconsistent as always, though I did hit 112, which isn't shabby by any measure. Or at least not by mine. I think the rest of the team was pretty surprised because they really did all exclaim enthusiastically when I hit the bull thus ratcheting up my score considerably. My heart may have been momentarily warmed.
Some of the team looking at a few different things.
A. looking over LW's shoulder as she texts something very captain-like to headquarters.
Have no idea how this particular game ended, but we won the match as a whole.
I told K., T., and C. to pose like they were friends.
And then I asked them to do it three more times. These are the first and the last.
Then I asked LW to pose with me like we were friends. LW is very nice; she lets me use her darts and puts up with the fact that I am an ambivalent dart player in the midst of people who are more bullish on the subject.
After the match ended we threw some more darts and I, once again, got home after 1. Wednesdays are rough days for me now, but the fun so far has been worth it.

1 comment:

LW said...

With a face like that, who wouldn't by dr- I mean, dart supplies from me?