Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Eggs Moishe c/o Cafe Estelle

On the Sunday after our oyster bonanza, L. and I had serious plans. Well, sort of. First I woke up and did a little work at the office. Then we rallied ourselves and went to Cafe Estelle for breakfast. I had long been meaning to check this place out, and I'm glad that I finally had an out of town friend to accompany me. This place is in a weird place. By that I mean it's under an apartment building away from any real area of commerce. The Northern Liberties strip isn't far, but it's not really a place you'd just come across - you have to be there on purpose. The waitresses were all cute waifs with bangs and boots and pretty dresses. The coffee is self serve, but tasty. And the menu was serious. It was a very serious menu with all sorts of things I wanted to eat. In the end I was debating between shirred eggs with mushrooms and spinach and the brunch special "Eggs Moishe." In the end I went the way of the Moishe: two poached eggs on some kind of herb lattke with gravlax and a caper dill hollandaise sauce.
It was to my liking, yes it was. L. went with a frittata, which was huge. I want to go back and try so many other things!

No comments: