Saturday, October 29, 2011

Looking Up, Down, And All Around

After brunch I returned to the house, put on S.'s feet fortresses and took a little walk in the woods. I forgot my zoom lens, so I didn't even attempt to take photographs of birds. Though I think I saw a heron and a Kingfisher.
S. said that there wasn't any great beautiful moment for foliage this year, which made me feel better than if I had missed it by a week. Leaves were still on trees and it was in the mid sixties temperature-wise. I'm actually back out in the country today and it is snowing. So I'm extra glad I made it out last weekend when the weather was more fall-like than winter.

Who doesn't like a stream?

There were a few buzzards circling about and a whole murder of crows in a tree I couldn't quite see but could certainly hear without trying.
I love this big open field. Such a sense of scale to travel from one side to the other.
Stone barn.
P-u-r-t-y. Purty.

No comments: