Tuesday, June 16, 2009

House Dreaming For Poor Me

It's happening again, this insatiable desire to picture myself in a different place.

A nice little stream, a few acres, the bathroom looks cute too. I wonder why they don't really show the outside of the house.

This one looks good in the snow and in the sun.

I could finally have my own chicken coop.

If I knew how to fix things, this would be a great deal.

This river bungalow continues to haunt me...this one too.

I'm interested in more southerly locations too...can anyone think of any warmer climed areas with the same beauty of the mid-Hudson Valley...and the same great food culture? Country or small town preferable to city...though being within two hours of a metropolis would have its uses.

4 comments:

nc catherine said...

Even if you did know how to fix things up the fixer upper has asbestos siding DANGER DANGER and water damage all throughout, even visible in the pix. Among its other sorrows for $159k.

Some of the other cuties: a fortune in water removal systems and paint. My basement flooded recently and I am not near a stream so suddenly being up close and personal with that-which-could-flood is less attractive to me. High up and looking over it, yeah maybe!

Good luck finding the equivalent locales down here in the southlands. I am still looking! Let me know if you find one, I can come look too!!!

Ted said...

A friend of mine seems to think that Sewanee, Tennessee is pretty nice...

Hope that helps!!1!

SK-S said...

Sewanee and also Asheville, NC

SK-S said...

the 1 bedroom riverside bungalow is the cutest thing I've ever seen though