Thursday, June 18, 2009

Frissee Sald c/o Kite and Key

I got back in town on the ninth, and promptly found myself at a loss. Suddenly I had a roommate. Suddenly all the birds were sparrows or robins. Suddenly spacing out wasn't quite as peaceful. So when B. texted me to let me know that some of the gals from the office were going to Kite and Key, I was quick to seriously consider joining them...especially since there was nothing in the house to eat. I went and ordered one beer and the frissee salad (all the ingredients of a salad lyonnaise under a different name). Unfortunately the quality of the lardon was lacking, and the dressing (in my humble opinion) was too cloyingly sweet to go with the other components. It was better than nothing, but a little bit of a let down.
I think the transition from country to city, from basic solitude to the majority of my coworkers, was maybe not the best thing; it just made me miss where I had been, not be happy about where I was, which, if I think about it, is pretty much my constant issue with Philadelphia. I'm having a very hard time accepting the here and now.

No comments: