Friday, February 29, 2008

Porky

On Tuesday I made pork shoulder again. This time its marinade/cooking flavors were a combination of: jalepeno peppers, cider vinegar, brown sugar, cumin, basil, salt, pepper and (well this wasn't a matter of flavor as much as thickness) flour. Even with a few technical problems (the oven kept shutting off) it turned out far more like I wanted it to than the first time I made the pork here in Bloomington: fall the fuck off the bone tender, sweet but with a savory component. I'm telling you it's really good. If you would like me to make it for you all you need to do is invite me to live in your house for a while. It's worth it. I swear.
Served with left over rice and steamed cauliflower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your roast looks more enticing than mine, I must say! mc