Friday, February 08, 2008

Lunch and Paté on Saturday

On Saturday I arrived an hour late to a lunch date with one of the margarita party's hostesses. She is super duper smart and insanely busy in architectural school. So I felt like a pretty raging asshole to keep her waiting for an hour. We went to Old Town Pub, the name of which I forget, and I had a BLT. Thank you to the friend for buying me lunch. Thanks to all the friends who bought me anything...it made arriving in Indiana a little more pleasant...knowing I still had enough money to buy milk etc. Anywho, the sandwich was decent...the ginger ale was quite good and needed. The sandwich was not incredible and the fries were a bit disappointing.
After that I walked down to the West Village. I bought an issue of Interview Magazine and an issue of The Believer and had a coffee in a Starbucks while waiting for my next social appointment. In Interview two former photography professors' photographs were prominently featured (hello Stephen Shore and Larry Fink, why do you always pop up in my magazine material?). Then I met up with L. my high school friend (she was my junior year high school roommate). We attempted to sit at a number of cute brasserie-type places but it was a crowded Saturday afternoon. Eventually we ended up at a place, name unknown until L. gets back to me (she got back to me it's Cornelia Street Cafe), and had a little snack. I had the paté and she had a warmed goat cheese salad.
It was nice to see L. and C. back to back. Two very driven, busy ladies taking time to chat is very nice. Especially when I like chatting with them!

No comments: