Friday, February 29, 2008

Amazing Things Do Happen

Yesterday Casper the dog and I went on a good long walk since, for the first time in weeks, it wasn't raining, snowing or freeeeezing cold. Right before we left for this walk a package arrived via UPS. It was addressed to T. I assumed it was another package from his mother with blazers or tuxedos in it, or something. I put it on the kitchen table and didn't think about it again. When T. came home for work he was taken aback from this package and opened it. I was in the other room so all I heard was a series of excited and high pitched-esque 'what the fucks!?'. I went into the kitchen to see what the fuss was all about as T. continued, understandably, having his mind entirely blown by the contents of the package. It was a Playstation 3. A game console of epically cool proportions that he did not, in any way, expect to find inside a box, addressed to him, in his own house.
Who could have sent such a thing? Not C. I suggested his father perhaps? Or maybe his mother and step-father? The sensible thing was done: T. called Best Buy and explained his situation and after a few moments of holding and transferring the answer was known. The last name of a college friend of T's was responsible for this gift's arrival. In actuality it is an early wedding present to T. A pretty cool one. I am glad that I was there for the great reveal. I believe T.'s hands shook at one point with such pure excitement. Don't quote me on it though.

No comments: