Monday, February 11, 2008

I Continue To Make Food To Appease The House and Job Gods

Actually I'm making food because I like to. I have been meaning to write a post about the strengthening of a feelings I have: I would very much like to be someone's housewife. Yes, I would be happy with a life that involved my making dinner, perhaps doing some laundry, walking a dog for someone else. In this day and age where, theoretically, I could be anything, accomplish everything! Is this wrong? Am I selling myself short? It may be, to use a phrase my parents use, the path of least resistance...and when I say housewife it doesn't really mean I want to marry some stranger just so I can do the above tasks...I just want those domestic activities to be my responsibility. I want to be paid $30-90,0000 a year, with health insurance, to do these things. I could structure my days as I wished. I would clean the toilet once a week. I wouldn't be a maid though, not all cleaning would be my responsibility. I would do dishes, vacuum rugs and sweep wood floors but I wouldn't clean bathtubs or, well, other things?
On whatever day it was I made pork shoulder and salad...very much the same as I did in New York except the pork shoulder was bigger and I didn't give it as much time to cook (I gave it 8 hours but because it was bigger I think it would have done well with another hour or two...it was fully cooked just not as tender fall of the bone delicious as I had hoped).

No comments: