Monday, February 04, 2008

Dim Sum c/o Sunrise 27 and Cupcakes c/o a Brooklyn Kitchen





On Sunday there was dim sum. In the past when I've come to NYC I've gone to The Golden Unicorn. This time around I perused New York yelpers' opinions and found Sunrise 27 Inc had far more favorable reviews. So that's where we met. A grad school friend, two high school friends and three college friends (plus a significant other) all joined in the fun. The food was hot and fast and there was a good range of tasty treats. And it was a little under $10 per person. So much food, so little money. After dim sum I went back to Brooklyn with my high school buddy. I helped with making red velvet cupcakes and cream cheese/butter/sugar icing for movie night. The movie was Talladega Nights. I'd seen it before and hadn't really thought overly positive thoughts about it…but the second time I found it funnier. Especially the 'I'm trying to decide what I should get my grandmother for her birthday but I don't know what to get her….'get her a coffin'. Ah, funny. I also got some quality cat petting time in during the movie. This is Smackers or Smackey...I forget and it's gotten complicated to remember since there is a cat in my newest location called Smackers or Smackey...sigh.

No comments: