Friday, August 13, 2010

Foster Falls Let Down

My main reason for going down to Tennessee was to spend a little quality time with the folks, which mainly consisted of us eating together and reading together. An intended by-product of my visit, so to speak, was also to get my swim on as much as possible. Neither of my parents' health really permits for intensive hill walking, nor do either of them have much of a passion for swimming...so I took it upon myself to get me to swimming holes. Last year's Foster Falls experience was slightly superior to this year's in a few key ways. Mainly that there was a falls, and the water was bum rushingly cold and a complete wake up to the senses. I just turned a phrase in a pretty weird way. What do you think? When I got down to the hole/falls I found that the bridge that took us across a fairly rushing stream last year was unneeded, as there wasn't a stream as much as a bed of rocks. Nor, of course, was there any substantial amount of water coming down into the pool (thus the lack of stream).

I still got in and swam, but the water was pretty warm and still, which made it less appealing on the whole. There were also a lot of missionary teenagers. And you know how I feel about teenagers. Maybe you don't. They freak me out. Their religion really didn't factor into it. Not a complete waste of time, as it was still good to swim and float about, and it remains a pretty spot. But definitely a disappointment when compared to last May's experience. August and a lack of rain, I shake my fist at you!
Me looking sad and standing in the creek's bed, you can see the bridge behind me.

3 comments:

Raya said...

Wow! I can imagine how dissapointing that wouldve been.
looks like a beautiful place though.
♥Raya

Anonymous said...

Give disgusting a breaqk. I love you and all your atitudes, afried

Anonymous said...

IKEEP UP THE MODERATERLY GOOO GOOO GOOOD WORK. D